Android Devices as GPS Tracker
With GPS Tracker application you can transform your Android and iOS mobile device to GPS tracker (GPS tracking device) and use all ManageMart GPS Tracking Software features. In order to use this application, you must have account, in ManageMart.
How to start using my Android device as GPS device?
Your Android mobile device can be transformed into GPS device with GPS Tracker application which can be downloaded from Google Play.
- Download GPS Tracker application from Google Play;
- Install and start application on your device;
- Activate ManageMart GPS Tracking account, more details here;
- Add your device to your Managemart.com account. Enter your device Name and IMEI number;
- Make sure GPS and Internet connection is activated on device;
- In GPS Tracker application go to "Settings" and select correct "Server" where your account was created;
- Click "Start tracking" in GPS Tracker application;
- Wait for the device to get a satellite fix, this can take some time (and is best achieved outdoors with clear sky);
- After some minutes you will see location of your device;
- If you want better battery life, set the tracking interval to at least 60-120 seconds.
Application control using commands
To use this feature "Command control" must be enabled on your device in GPS Tracker application. Device will check and execute new commands every 120 seconds (default interval).
- Login to your ManageMart.com account;
- Go to "GPS Tracking" page, make sure you have at least one GPS Device added, click on "GO Tracking" button
- You will be redirected to GPS Tracking Map Page
- In top panel find command prompt icon near map selection;
- For example we want to stop tracking, enter command name, it can be "Stop Tracking";
- As command select "ASCII" and enter "tracking_stop";
- Select your object and click "Send";
- Now command is sent for execution and once device receives - it will be executed;
- Command delivery period depends from "Command check interval" setting on your device.
Available commands for GPS Tracker
- tracking_start - starts device tracking;
- tracking_stop - stops device tracking;
- position_interval,10 - sets position sending interval to 10 seconds, lowest interval is 5 seconds;
- command_interval,120 - sets command check interval to 120 seconds, lowest interval is 60 seconds.